Friday 10 August 2012

The 2012 "eight hardbacks" catagory

Blue the blue bag
Only the strongest bags can take on the "eight hardback" catagory in weight lifting.
It’s a truth universally acknowledged that a good bag, in possession of strong handles, must be in want of a load.
Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Blue the blue bag, who last Saturday failed to achieve a medal position at the Games. It was heart breaking; I have only just recovered myself. After all the expectation that Great British bags had placed on their blue representative, Blue the blue bag came a disappointing fourth place- his seams giving way as he attempted the “eight hardbacks” category. Obviously the pressure was too great, both literally and figuratively. But I don't blame Blue for failing; you can tell by the picture of me, that the "eight hardbacks" catagory is pretty immense!
Once again, I feel I should point out at this point that the Blue who took part in the Olympics is not myself! Many blue bags are called Blue; not unlike the Smiths of the human world.

Happily, despite Blue's disappointment, Great Britain is currently sitting in third place on the medals table, behind China and the USA, with France in seventh place. I mention France in particular as it was their results that I texted to Pierre today. Apparently he isn’t watching the Olympic Games; he says he is a free-spirited bohemian who doesn't agree with with organised group activity, except in the name of art. I don’t know why this means he can’t watch the Games, but I could tell he was gutted that we are doing so well. However artistic he likes to think he is, deep down he’s still the same old brush I’ve known since I left my market stall days behind me, many moons ago.

So the Olympics are drawing to a close; making way for the Paralympics. Another two weeks of quality television in a few weeks from now. Although I have to admit that I have enjoyed interspersing my viewing with other more relaxing television, such as the Hairy Bikers.

This weekend I am looking forward to the National Convention of Blue Bags. This is usually held on the first Saturday of August but was pushed back this year, due to the Olympics. It’s going to be epic; a chance to catch up with bags like myself. Roll on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment