Tuesday 5 June 2012

Red, white and Blue at the Diamond Jubilee

Red white and Blue the blue bag

A diamond day indeed! After a complete wash out at the Apple Cart festival on Sunday, I was fully prepared for an equally dismal day for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Concert. However I couldn’t have been more wrong; the skies were clear and glowing! As Rolf Harris put it, ‘look what wishful thinking gets you.’ I have to say the whole event gave me a new outlook on life; last night I was proud to be British. So from now on I will be the bag I want to be, rather than the bag I currently am. I will challenge myself, I will carry heavy loads, I will scrunch as small as possible, and I won’t mind if I am occasionally used for carrying dirty shoes. In short, I will seize every opportunity that comes my way.
The Concert was spectacular, at least it looked spectacular from what was televised, with a great line-up including: Alfie Boe, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Will-i-am, Grace Jones, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey and Gary Barlow and the Commonwealth Band who sung ‘Sing’, a special Diamond Jubilee song.  Despite not being there, you could feel the atmosphere from the Mall.  However, to get a proper taste of the event, I spoke to Homey B who was there:
Blue the blue bag: So what was the concert like?
Homey B: Good
Blue the blue bag: Who was your favourite performer?
Homey B: Elton John
Blue the blue bag: Do you think the Queen enjoyed herself?
Homey B: Don’t know
Blue the blue bag: Do you think the Queen is still relevant in this day and age and do you agree with the amount spent on an occasion such as this, when so many bags are struggling in this tough economic climate?
Homey B: It doesn’t bother me really, I was only there to waterproof a Canon camera lens.
 As you can see, despite being difficult to interview, I think Homey B really gives us a flavour of atmosphere on the Mall. Unfortunately he declined having his picture taken with me, he said he couldn’t chance having his image splashed over the Internet again. I thought it best not to ask why!

No comments:

Post a Comment