Sunday 13 May 2012

BLUE saw U - Take 5

Blue saw U - Take 5

'I see a black coat and I want to paint it blue'
I have been completely overawed by this latest Blue saw U. Not one, but two blue bags put to use carrying flowers. And what fine specimens! At least twice the size of myself and so strong that in the case of the blue bag on the left, one handle was adequate to effectively take the weight of the load. I have to admit that I was very envious as the blue twins disappeared around the corner with their beautiful burdens. And before you ask, that isn’t Tex in the background, just one of his old colleagues.
All in all, these blue bags certainly enliven the black attire of an otherwise dull outfit. Yes black is sleek, yes it slims you down by disguising shadows, and yes it goes with pretty much anything. But I put it to you that a good navy blue can do the same and has the added advantage of actually being a real colour! Some navy blues can even pass as black should you feel uneasy about venturing down the blue road. For slimming blues try Duke blue or Oxford blue, for blues that stand out in a crowd go for Cyan, Brandeis blue or Celeste. For blues that think they are grey, try Cambridge blue or Periwinkle blue, and to keep up-to-date with the 2012 spring/summer pastel trend, opt for Alice blue. As you can see the options are endless and the potential is there to create a look totally your own. There is simply no excuse to wear black, especially in the improving weather of spring!
In other areas of my plastic life, I have had a productive week applying for jobs, catching up with old friends and preparing for a move back to the capital for four weeks of work at the publication I began my journey at, back in November. It was sad saying goodbye to Pierre, as I have been spending an increased amount of time with him, helping him create a blog for his collection of art. Clearly the internet is the new print; in much the same way as blue is the new black. Look forward my friends! The future is bright, the future is Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment